Parks and Recreation offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. If you love the outdoors, appreciate our city parks, and want to learn about horticulture or restoration work, we have the job for you! Volunteer opportunities include general gardening, native habitat restoration, beach and creek clean-ups, rose care, pond maintenance, planter refurbishing, trail maintenance, and weeding.
We have both short (one-day) opportunities as well as longer-term ongoing opportunities.
To volunteer in a City park, please call (805) 564-5433 or email ParksAndRec@SantaBarbaraCA.gov for more information on any of the opportunities listed below:
- Alice Keck Park Memorial Garden - Weekly weeding, light raking, light pruning, and trash pickup under the direction of onsite Parks staff.
- A.C. Postel Memorial Rose Garden - Weekly weeding of rose beds, raking fallen petals, and deadheading roses that have finished blooming. Volunteers needed year round to assist with these tasks.
- Franceschi Park - Walkway maintenance, trash pickup, light vegetation cleanup, and weeding.
- Chase Palm Park - Trash pickup, palm fronds cleanup, and beach dune cleanup. Weeding of selected planters.
- Skater's Point Skatepark - Trash pickup and monitoring graffiti and misuse.